The mission of Dawes Intermediate School is to provide a safe, rigorous, and brain-friendly learning environment that promotes healthy, respectful, resourceful and responsible life-long learners who will collaborate with one another, lead by example, set goals to strive for excellence, and graduate as college-bound or career ready citizens.
Home of the Hawks
- Established 2010
- Serves students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades
- We are a Non-Title School and receive zero funding
- School Operations Blueprint of the school was inspired by Baldrige Criteria of Excellence
- 78 % of our faculty have a Master’s degree or higher and includes teachers with National Board Certification, Baldrige Examiners, PAEMST Award Finalists, MCPSS Teachers of the Year and the current Alabama State Teacher of the Year
- We received the Blue Ribbon Lighthouse School of Excellence Award 2016 ranking EXCELLENT in all nine categories as evaluated on-site by examiners